Tuesday 23 December 2008

Induced



On this day last year Shaune and I trekked off to the hospital to have a baby. I was already nine days overdue. I was 185lbs and could barely walk. Everyday prior Shaune would ask me if I was excited. I really couldn't explain what I was. Of course I was looking forward to meeting whoever was in there face-to-face. But I was also terrified. Maybe it's just with your first baby that you worry the entire time - will he be healthy? will I carry to term? natural or C-section? Our medical team was wonderful. I had to have my care transferred from my midwife to an OB because my pregnancy had become a risk due to a condition called polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid). Early on the Doctor let us know that I would most likely have to have a C-section since I had not dilated much since the night before. I labored for 10 hours. Midway I asked for an epidural. At around midnite the Doctor came in and said "I think we're going to bring that baby out through the front door" and I didn't miss a beat replying "Take him out by any means possible!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!