Thursday 18 November 2010

My little helper

Mama Kat wants to know why I do or don't drink coffee. With an inquisitively busy toddler and five month old in my charge, I need at least one vice to get me through the morning! Here are the reasons coffee is sacred to me:

1. Because my five month old thinks sleeping through the night is for suckers and sissies!

2. Because lately Deaglan's been prefacing every conversation with the phrase: Mommy, it was an accident! This is usually followed by me walking into the kitchen to find a chair painted in chocolate pudding or the cat's tail dripping because Deaglan thought he needed a milk bath.

3. Because even though I know it's five o'clock somewhere, I haven't been able to figure out where.

4. Big brother is always watching. Deaglan mimics everything we do, the other day he was pretending to drink something out of one his toy cups and I asked him what it was and he replied - I'm just like you Mommy, I'm drinking coffee.

5. Because it wouldn't be as cute if I asked him the question above and he said: I'm just like you Mommy, I'm drinking a screwdriver!

6. Because you can pretend the Bailey's is creamer if anyone asks.

7. Because my children are still getting up at the old 6 am:(

8. Because it's the only way I can deal with Dora's obnoxious voice - does she have to talk so loud?

9. Because then the house smells like coffee instead of poopy diapers for a little while.

10. Because Deaglan's old enough to tell Shaune that he watched Playhouse Disney all day and had Cheerios he found in the carpet for lunch.


17 comments:

  1. This is hilarious--great list Kim! You deserve (and need) another cup:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! What WOULD we do without coffee?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great list! love it. my favs: the house smells like coffee, not poopy diapers and its the only way you can take dora's voice. ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motherhood looks all bliss... with coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any of those reasons and I still love my coffee. there was so long that it was recommended that we not drink more than one cup a day. and I tried to be good. but now they say 3 isn't bad for you and I say 'bless you' course now what do I do for a vice cause I can't sneak my 3rd cup anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when my son gives me a little cup and says, "Do you want some coffee, Mommy?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are there mothers who don't drink coffee? They must have nannies!

    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After two years of drinking decaf thanks to being pregnant and BF I found I could no longer tolerate caffeine so still drink decaf. But I do like a nice glass of wine in the evening to chill out with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost think I need to start drinking coffee to deal with Dora. The loud and super enunciated talking are bad enough and then go ahead and add in the REPETITION and she's enough to drive anyone to drinking and I'm not talking Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like #6 the best.
    and I cannot STAND Dora.

    I had too much coffee this morning and went through my firt class's lesson in about ten minutes. I was FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a tea drinker. And T Rex will often say, "Mama tea? Don't bother her when she's having her tea." But boy I do love the smell of coffee.

    This was great! Your cat sounds very patient! These toddlers - so much more challenging than the babies, huh?

    And we've pulled a couple of all nighters lately with our daughter teething. I worked 24 hours in 48 hours with only 4 hours of sleep. I know some of my nursing colleagues do this on a regular basis but I do not recommend it! But last night was so much better. I don't know how you do it! I guess I do now - coffee!

    Thanks for the fun posting. Hang in there - the nights will get better and I know the almost 3 year olds will chill out soon. I have to keep telling myself this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any woman that sneaks a little nip of Baileys into her coffee now and again... is alright in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you ask me, Bailey's IS creamer. The BEST creamer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny Kim! Dora's voice goes right through me some days too. LOL. Can you believe that I don't drink coffee? Maybe I should start!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too funny! I actually did have my son say he was drinking wine like me....so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and Funny!!! I love the creamer comment. *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!