Monday 27 April 2009

A Humble Thanks

I was having one of those mornings - an ugly morning. Every time I passed by a mirror, I cringed a little. Yikes! From my disobedient split-end filled hair, circles under my eyes, manly voice (I have some sort of a throat infection) to my looked-like-I-dressed-in-the-dark outfit, I was not very lovely to look at. Mondays are my extra day off with Deaglan so I wasn't completely miserable but the day ahead just seemed a bit daunting - you know? So much to do (laundry, vacuuming, going to the park, laundry!) and so little driving force.

Then I turned on the computer and started reading some blogs - when the baby was napping I swear! And there it was. The thing that made the day turn around. The little item that made me feel just the slightest bit pretty again.

I was chosen for the second time this month as one of the posts of the day (for Dove and the Namesake) over at Authorblog. David McMahon is a Melbourne based journalist and internationally-published photographer! I mean this guy has a novel out called Vegemite Vindaloo!! I couldn't feel more honored and just wanted to say thanks David for making me feel a tinge more attractive today! Please check his blog out if you get a chance.


13 comments:

  1. And so well-deserved too! Congrats again! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, YAY, YAY for you girl!!! You absolutely deserve it nice lady. Your friend has made a very thoughtful choice to a very deserving blogger :)

    Steady On
    Reggie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the shout out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Kim, so well-deserved. May you remember this feeling next time you need a pick-me-up. You are being recognized continually, whether you know it or not. I hope you have a wonderful evening. ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! You so deserve this recognition :) I can't wait to run over and read your post of the day! Always think of yourself as beautiful even on those less glamorous days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is awesome! I loved reading all of your posts but i do have to say Dove has been my favorite.....congrats! and have you seen yourself? really your are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah thats how I found out your blog :).Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey congrats to you! David is great:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!

    By the way, I love the photo of your shoes at the door - too charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome! Congratulations. You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Congrats!! It's definitely deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and very well deserved beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!