Saturday 10 April 2010

For me

I don't spend a lot of time doing my make-up. I get my hair cut and coloured about every four months.

I do have my eyebrows and upper lip threaded every two weeks but this is a preventative measure more than anything. Maybe even a public service. The world doesn't need anymore unibrows I don't think. And I believe mustaches really only look good on the likes of Magnum and the Marlboro Man.

I like to dress well. It's business casual where I work. I love a good deal and rarely spend over $20.00 on an item of clothing unless it's a suit or a coat. I have no problem shopping in thrift stores either.

I may have a problem when it comes to accessories though. I adore earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. Not diamonds or gold or even silver. I prefer, wood, lucite, beads and plastic.

I did two things yesterday just for me. I'm not a martyr by any means. I know how to treat myself well. I just don't do it all the time. But yesterday was different.

I was tired and down all afternoon. The thought of being at work for eight more weeks felt like years to me. I looked at my vacation records and realized I had enough days to take some extra time off leading up to my due date. I sent my team and manager an email telling them that I would like to make my last day of work three weeks before the baby was to come. I want some time to myself to get things done and just be.

I then called Shaune on the way home and told him I was going to stop off and get a pedicure.

And I did.

10 comments:

  1. Love the toes! Great colour! And good for you for going 3 weeks early! You certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute color! and that is wonderful that you are able to take 3 weeks off before baby! i am so jealous! i have to work until i deliver.....and then go back in 6 weeks! boooo!!!! enjoy your extra time! i know i would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, good for you. And try to get some rest during those last weeks - you'll need it.

    (Went back and read the threading post and it hurt me just to think about it. I've never liked my baby fine hair, but suddenly I was thankful for it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think taking time off before the next baby is due is the best decision you could have made! Go you! And your toes look fab - you should do that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you - a well cared for Mom is a happy child....
    or somesuch saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserved it!! I love the bright color of polish you picked out, too - very springy :)

    Rest up and do what you need to do for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Always remember you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you my dear!!! I treated myself about a month ago, it had been years. Do that more often, for you.

    By the way, you are so funny...a public service, ha! Take care my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care of you!

    I had a pedicure done right before delivering this last time - I wanted to have pretty toes for the nurses and doctor. Maybe draw attention to other parts?!?

    I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you!!! Take care of yourself...you'll soon have your hands completely full...caring for a newborn...and keeping up with your little guy! So glad you are taking time out for you before the whirlwind hits :-) ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!